Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First "Real" Appointment

Today I had my first "real" appointment at the doctor's office. This is the intake appointment. The appointment that everyone else has first. I ended up having Monday's appointment because of the slight bleeding I experienced, but this was the real first appointment. I met with the intake nurse, who was one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Her role was to give me a picture of what the next 7-8 months will be like and what I can expect. She told me about all the things I can and can't be doing and all the things I can and can't be eating/drinking. We talked about everything from soda to hair coloring. We talked about lotions, cat litter, artificial sweetners and everything in between. I learned so much. She told me to call her if I had any questions and she gave me a bag filled with free goodies like magazines, a book, vitamins and more. She asked that I have some more blood work done, a "pre-natal screening", she called it, and said I should do that in the next week. We talked about all kinds of things and an hour and a half later, we were done. This was a good appointment - I learned a lot!