Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blood from a stone?

I was back to the hospital this afternoon to see if the nurse could get blood from a stone. I had the original nurse today, the one who was able to get a vein on the first try last time. She remembered me, and she remembered where she got blood. She went in and didn't get it on the first try, but she stayed in, and moved the needle around a bit until she found the vein. I gave her 6 full vials! I was so relieved, I thought I would cry. I told her I'd be asking for her if I have to endure any more blood work through my pregnancy. She was very kind.

In other news. I've determined that from roughly 7:30 - 8:30pm is my danger hour. This seems to be the time of day when I feel like I could toss my cookies at any moment. Any smell can be dangerous. I've made Doug aware that the buffalo chicken dip is off limits for at least the next 9 months - if not forever. It seems like I just can't eat dinner. I can eat lunch, and feel good for lunch and through the day, but in the evening I can't seem to eat anything without it being a threat. Banana popsicles are my only friend.