Monday, March 23, 2009

Animal Crackers

Today I am absolutely, unequivocally in love with Barnum's brand animal crackers.
I bought them at the supermarket on a whim yesterday, because my hairdresser told me they helped ease her nausea when she was pregnant. I'm not normally a big animal cracker fan, I think they're actually pretty tasteless. Clearly I've never had Barnum's brand before. They're awesome. They're perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner - and they might just be my breakfast, lunch and dinner, if I can't stomach anything else today.

I had a hair appointment this weekend, so I got to drop the news on my hairdresser and all my friends at the salon. Karen was getting ready to mix up my color and I was like "wait, I have a question first". She assumed I wanted to change color so we all looked at Kelly, my stylist. So then I said to Kelly "Is your hair color safe for pregnant women"? She was so happy I think she was going to cry. She was like "I knew it, I knew it". I'm not sure how she knew it, but everyone says she has a sixth sense about pregnancy. I would have been pregnant last time I saw her, but I didn't know it at the time. She said that after my last appointment she told the other girls that I was pregnant.

I also had the pleasure of telling my cousin, Joel, the news, and my Aunt Nancy as well. I love my long talks with Joel, when we have each other's undivided attention. And I always love talking to Aunt Nancy. I was glad I could share the news with them.

This week I have an appointment on Friday where I'll have another ultrasound. Doug is planning to come along for this one. I'm looking forward to it. I need to start making my list of questions for the doctor.

For now, I'll finish my baggie of animal crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment