My friend Allyson sent me the coolest gifts from a website called PerpetualKid.com. It's her favorite website so when I saw that's where the box was from I knew immediately it was from her. When I opened the package I found the cutest books and a pack of little finger monsters (they're adorable, but I'm thinking they're more for Doug). The books - in a word - hysterical! The books are a totally sarcastic version of the sappy lovey-dovey baby books you see almost everywhere. One book is called "Oh Crap, I'm Pregnant" - it's the best of all. Another is a sarcastic book about how to handle your baby, with images showing you the right and wrong things to do. The images for the "wrong" things to do, are hysterical - things you would never imagine doing. It's very funny. That one has a little wheel with an arrow on the top (like a game piece) and when you spin the arrow it comes to rest on either "mom" or "dad". It's called the "Wheel of Responsibility". They suggest you use it to determine who has to handle the middle of the night feedings, diaper changes and vomit patrol. It's very funny. The last book is an activity book for the parents to use during your child's first year. One activity said something like "Now that your baby is 6 months old, your brain has completely gone to goo, you can barley sustain adult conversation - see how many words you can jot down with 5 syllables or more". These books are the kind of sarcastic humor I love, and Allyson knows it. She's awesome.
Thank you, Allyson!