Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dreams and McD's

Last night I dreamt I was walking through the supermarket alone. I had a cart, and I was pushing it through every aisle. Periodically I'd pick something off the shelf and look at it. Then I'd sit it back on the shelf and keep walking. In the dream I felt this overwhelming desire for fresh watermelon. There wasn't any in the produce area, except for a small plastic tub of cut up pieces, which looked like it was 3 weeks old. It wasn't bright pink at all, it was grayish pink with a cloudy film on it. There was a bench in the produce area and I curled up on the bench and cried. I woke up thinking that it's really bad when I can't even eat in my dreams.

This morning I decided to treat my nausea like a hang-over. Everybody knows the best cure for a hang-over stomach is a greasy breakfast, usually McDonald's. So I pulled into the drive through and ordered the only thing I thought I'd be able to stomach, two hash browns and a small sweet tea. Now, I know there's caffeine in sweet tea, but I was feeling so weak and sick I decided I needed it. Don't judge me! Surely a small cup couldn't hurt anything. Well, when I drove around for my order the cup they gave me was the size of a lake. I told the woman that I had ordered a small. She smiled and said "This is the only size for a sweet tea". Well, there you have it. I'm going to hell. The tea was so delicious I thought I had gone to heaven. No, I was not able to discipline myself to drink a small amount and throw the rest away. No way. It was too good. The first few bites of the hash browns were iffy, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to eat both of them, but by the time I finished the first one and it's greasy goodness had hit my stomach, there was no turning back. I prayed I wouldn't get sick, and thankfully, I didn't. Hopefully I'll find something for lunch that won't make me ill.