Wednesday, March 18, 2009

All Day Sickness

Remember last week when I said that 7:30 to 8:30 was my danger hour, the time that I could be sick at any moment? I think I'm being punished for writing that. Ever since then I'm sick all day long. It lingers with me throughout the day, just waiting for the wrong smell or wrong thought to cross my path. All the sudden I'll be sick. The worst part is that I am basically starving all day long - but I just can't think of anything I could eat that won't make me sick. Banana popsicles seem to be my only solace, but they're not enough. I don't know how much longer I can put up with this. Nothing appeals to me, but I am so hungry!

I feel like I have the flu. You know that feeling you get when you have the flu really bad and you haven't had anything except gingerale and chicken soup for two days? You feel weak from a lack of food and from all the vomiting. You feel weak from…well, the flu virus. I feel like that. I guess it's not quite as bad as the flu because I'm not fighting off a fever or anything, but I basically feel weak all over. Like I could crawl into a corner with a blanket and fall asleep for hours. I'm sleeping for almost 9 hours a night, but it's just not enough. I'm tired all day. I suppose I might feel a little more energized if I could actually eat something substantial. Something more than crackers or popsicles.

Hopefully this will pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment