Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits

Tonight we were going to see a show, "Movin' Out", it's a musical review featuring Billy Joel's music. I had been feeling somewhat high from the fun day and decided I might be able to handle eating out. But what did I want? As we were driving it struck me. I wanted Red Lobster's Cheese Biscuits. Doug was worried I'd be sick at the smell of seafood but I knew I wanted biscuits. When we got to Red Lobster I looked at the menu. I didn't want anything but the biscuits. I settled on the soup, the cheapest thing on the menu, and told the waiter yes, we would like the complementary basket of biscuits.

The basket was gone in no time and my soup arrived. I didn't want it. I asked for more biscuits (to go with the soup, of course). I think I housed 8 biscuits. I had to tell myself to slow down. I told Doug to stop me, because they were going to taste really bad on the rebound. He told me to take it easy, but to eat whatever I could (I think he was so thrilled to see me eating he didn't care).

Eventually the waitor noticed I wasn't eating my soup and he asked if it was okay. I came clean and told him I didn't actually want the soup, that I'm pregnant and the only thing I wanted was the biscuits. He said he totally understood - when his wife was pregnant the only thing she wanted was Denny's. He was very kind and brought me a big bag of the biscuits to go. Yes, he earned a big tip.