Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank God for small miracles!

I called a doctor this morning, the one I want to go to - the one that my good friend suggested. (It's an all woman practice). They wouldn't let me in because they don't know when I'm due and they have a waiting list and will only accept patients who are due in months that aren't full yet. They told me I need to go to my family doctor and request an ultrasound so a due date can be determined. Then, I should call them back to see if they can fit me in.

I was so upset I thought I'd cry. I held it together and called my family practice. They told me that they don't do that, that it's highly unusual for them to order an ultrasound instead of an OB/GYN - and furthermore, they reminded me that I haven't been in for an appointment since 2005. (For real?!). So it sounds like she didn't want anything to do with me.

I called the OB back, I pled ignorance. I said I don't know what to do and I'm confused because I know I need to see a doctor but nobody will have me. I think she took pity on me. She asked me to "guestimate" when my last period was, so I did. Then she said "That would put your due date in October, and we have openings in October. Let's schedule you right away".

Thank GOD!!!!! I have an appointment!!!!! Two actually. I have my first appointment scheduled with a "pre-natal nurse" and my first doctor appointment for an ultrasound.

Thank God for small miracles!