Friday, February 27, 2009

Keepin' It Real (don't read this post if you don't want to know graphic details):

Not really sure how graphic to make this blog. I know I want to eventually share this with friends and family when I'm ready to tell them the news, but I'm not sure if I want to be really graphic about what's happening to me. Let's say that if you don't want to know graphic things - then don't read this posting, okay? I'm entering it a couple days after the fact, but it freaked me out, so I'm posting it. There - I decided.

I went to the bathroom after work, before heading home. I noticed some blood. I freaked out a little bit but tried not to let it get to me. Doug was out with friends and I didn't want to worry him. Called my doctor friend. She's not answering, but I kept my voicemail calm just asking her to call. Checked a bazallion websites to find out what it might mean. Different websites say different things. One says that I shouldn't be concerned unless I bleed for 24 hours. Another says any blood is cause for concern. Don't know what to think. I haven't found anymore blood since right after work, so I tried to be calm.

I freaked out at poor Doug when he got home. Cried like a crazy woman, sobbing uncontrollably. Poor Doug. Pregnancy hormones are not to be messed with. His advice is to go to bed and things will be fresh in the morning. Good advice.